Learn about the history of the Civil Rights Movement in John Lewis’ game changing graphic memoir, March.
Co-written by Andrew Aydin and drawn by Nate Powell, this graphic novel series has become critically acclaimed and has won a number of awards. This series of three books has redefined the world of comics, which simaltaneously bringing attention to a powerful issue that will never and should never be forgotten.
We at IDW Publishing are beyond honored to have had the opportunity to partake in the creation of such a significant work of art and literature.
Below is a current list of awards won by the March books so far:
- #1 New York Times, Washington Post, and Amazon Bestseller
- National Book Award
- ALA’s Printz Award, Coretta Scott King Award, Sibert Medal, and YALSA Nonfiction Award
- Will Eisner Award and two Harvey Awards
- Robert F. Kennedy Book Award—Special Recognition
- Walter Dean Myers Award for Outstanding Children’s Literature—Young Adult Category
- Flora Stieglitz Straus Award
- YALSA’s Outstanding Books for the College Bound & Great Graphic Novels for Teens
- Reader’s Digest’s Graphic Novels Every Grown-Up Should Read
- Added to public school curriculum from New York City to San Francisco, taught in over 40 states
- Selected for college & university reading programs across America