The VP of Financial Operations will be responsible for managing the day-to-day accounting and finance of both IDW Publishing and IDW Entertainment. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation, contract evaluation, budgeting, analysis, and forecasting both for internal and external parties. The VP of Financial Operations is responsible for ensuring that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Requires an MBA or bachelor’s degree in finance or related field.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience working within finance, preferably in Publishing, CPG, Licensing or similar; working knowledge of the principals of finance and accounting.
- Proven success in establishing and improving operational elements across finance and accounting departments.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills as well as the ability to work effectively within a passionate, fast-paced, growing company while managing numerous work streams simultaneously.
- Strong people management skills, including the ability and desire to lead, support and develop direct reports.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to interact and provide recommendations to senior stakeholders including strong presentation skills that outline a clear message and rationale.
- Demonstrated track record of smart, strategic financial recommendations and commercial decisions based on analysis and insight.
- Ability to confidently interact with non-finance departments, understanding their critical needs and tailoring financial data to satisfy these requirements.
- Ability to understand business dynamics and clearly articulate strategic priorities for the business from a finance perspective.
- Establish and/or apply policies and procedures to ensure that accounting transactions are in compliance with company policies.
- Lead annual budget process, forecasting, and long-term financial planning.
- Forecast and manage cash flow.
- Work with senior leadership to evaluate new opportunities, assess contract renewals, and provide input regarding deal points and contract language.
- Act as point of contact with external partners regarding financial, royalty, or forecast inquiries.
- Ensure all internal financial statements and reports are prepared and presented in a timely manner.
- Oversee accounting processes to ensure transactions entered by staff in the accounting system are accurate and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions
- Review quarterly royalty statements for accuracy and contract compliance prior to release.
- Lead on operational portion of the annual audit.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Hire, train, supervise, and motivate accounting and finance personnel.
- Manage ad-hoc requests and special projects.
- The role is based in Los Angeles, CA.
- To apply please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “VP of Financial Operations” in the subject line.