This position is responsible for all trade (B2B) publicity and marketing for IDW Publishing and its imprints, including Top Shelf Productions. This position will work to promote IDW’s comics and graphic novel releases to retailers, booksellers, librarians, and educators directly and via our distributors in the direct and book markets.
- Lead efforts in creating and executing creative trade marketing campaigns for priority titles.
- Review solicitation and cover copy and prepare sell sheets for graphic novels and comics releases; craft trade messaging and positioning for individual titles and imprints.
- Cultivate strategic and long-term relationships with trade media including Publishers Weekly, Library Journal, Booklist, and more.
- Work closely with distributors Penguin Random House (book market) and Diamond Comic Distributors (direct market) to communicate information and marketing plans to field sales reps and accounts
- Develop strategic relationships with library and education channels; distribute trade marketing materials to these channels.
- Present titles during webinars, host panel discussions, and moderate Q&As at trade shows. Additional presentations may be required.
- Organize virtual and in-person trade shows like ALA Annual, NCTE, Frankfurt Book Fair, ComicsPro, Texas Library Association, and more. Includes organizing booth space, creator panels, book signings, and arranging event-related press. Work closely with Sales team members to execute trade show presence.
- Develop innovative print and digital advertising campaigns for priority titles; manage relationships with trade advertising representatives and stay apprised of promotional opportunities.
- Work closely with our consumer-facing marketing and PR teams on coordinated marketing campaigns.
- Submit comics and graphic novels to industry awards (i.e., Eisner, Harvey, Ignatz, Pulitzer, National Book Award, ALA, etc.)
- Oversee the content and design of trade email newsletters.
- Manage IDW’s co-op placements at retail and with wholesale accounts.
- Coordinate book signing events at bookstores and comic book shops for key publications.
- Other duties as needed.
- 5-10 years of notable experience in Publicity and Marketing in the publishing industry.
- 3-5 years of Trade Marketing experience.
- Strong knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Photoshop, and Google Suite.
- Strong ability to write and prepare marketing/promotional materials.
- Superior ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Superior writing, copyediting, and proofreading skills.
- Strong ability to multitask.
- Excellent communication, public speaking, and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of the publishing and comics industries required. Knowledge of retail, library, and academic market landscapes required.
- To apply, please visit our career center at: http://idw.pub/CareerCenter