IDW Media Holdings, Inc., a Delaware corporation, is a holding company consisting of the following primary businesses:
- IDW Publishing, or IDWP, creates comic books, graphic novels, digital content and games through its imprints IDW Publishing, and Top Shelf; and
- IDW Entertainment, or IDWE, leverages properties, principally those of IDWP, into television series developing, producing and distributing original content worldwide.
IDWP is an award-winning publisher of comic books, original graphic novels, and art books. Founded in 1999, IDWP has a long tradition of supporting original, creator-driven titles. In 2002, IDWP published 30 Days of Night by Steve Niles and Ben Templesmith followed by other horror titles that kickstarted a resurgence in horror-comic publishing across the industry. Since then, IDWP has significantly diversified its publications. Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodríguez’s Locke & Key, Jonathan Maberry’s V Wars, Stan Sakai’s Usagi Yojimbo, Walter Simonson’s Ragnarök, Beau Smith’s Wynonna Earp, Chris Ryall, and Ashley Wood’s Zombies vs Robots, Joe Hill and Martin Simmonds’ Dying is Easy are among the hundreds of award-winning titles published since IDWP’s inception.
IDWE is a production company and studio that develops and produces content and formats for global platforms and services. IDWE generates content primarily from IDWP’s diverse library of comic books and graphic novels. IDWE has most recently developed and/or produced four series for television that premiered in 2019 and 2020:
- Wynonna Earp season four has been airing on SyFy in two parts due to worldwide COVID-19-related production shutdowns. The first six episodes of season four premiered on July 26, 2020, and production resumed on the other six episodes on July 16, 2020. The second half of season began airing in March this year and the show will end with the season four finale on April 9, 2021.
- V Wars debuted on Netflix on December 5, 2019. The 10-episode vampire thriller stars Ian Somerhalder and was produced by High Park Entertainment. The series is based upon Jonathan Maberry’s IDWP’s comic book series of the same name.
- October Faction premiered on Netflix January 23, 2020. The 10-episode show is based on the IDWP comic books of Steve Niles and Damien Worm and was adapted by showrunner Damian Kindler and starred Tamara Taylor and J.C. MacKenzie. It was also produced by High Park Entertainment.
- Locke & Key premiered on Netflix on February 7, 2020. The show is based on the critically acclaimed graphic novels of Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez that are published by IDWP. Seasons two and three have been ordered by Netflix and production began in September 2020.
Reporting to the Sales Director, the Sales Analyst will provide essential analytical support covering sales reporting and tracking to IDW’s Sales & Marketing department, contributing to data-driven decision making for both internal and consumer-facing needs.
- Provide general sales reporting data and analysis across all channels, including Book Market, Direct Market, Mass Market, Direct to Consumer, Foreign Licensing and Digital
- Generate sales tracking reports and analysis for business reviews on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis as required for internal stakeholders and external partners
- Create ad hoc reports as needed, such as specific title or series analysis, returns reports, imprint or licensor business reviews, and channel trend reports
- Evaluate sell-in and sell-through movement to inform marketing priorities and inventory management needs, such as reprints, inventory transfers, and SKU productivity
- Generate competitive pricing analysis for new series, product lines and key sales initiatives
- Assist in sales update reports, providing data and graphs/charts as applicable
- Collaborate cross-functionally to provide reporting and analysis of key publishing programs, lead titles, and marketing initiatives
- Report on market and industry trends and conduct competitive research and analysis
- Contribute metadata, sales, and inventory reporting for the internal database as needed
- Assist Sales department with reports and research upon request
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 2 years of related experience, including working with data or business analytics, preferably within publishing
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in PowerPoint, specifically with data visualization
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and Mac & PC environments
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail, to work independently, and to manage multiple programs simultaneously
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels within the organization
- Comfortable working with numbers, interpreting the data, and presenting conclusions
- Must have the ability to adapt to new reporting tools or systems and integrate them into existing processes
- Excellent organizational and research skills required