IDW Entertainment, the entertainment division of IDW, seeks a Manager of Creative Affairs to work closely with IDW Publishing to support the transition of graphic novels, prose and other material into television, films, and other forms of media. The Manager will work with executives and editors to manage creator relationships, copywrite / edit materials, and project manage various initiatives across the department. The ideal candidate will have a background working in comics / graphic novel space, possess strong copywriting and editing skills, and have a deep network of relationships with a diverse cross-section of comic creators.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the comics industry.
- Strong copywriting and editing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with a range of personalities and styles across all levels within an organization.
- Self-motivated and able to work well in a team as well as independently in a WFH environment.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and adept at prioritizing tasks.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment with evolving priorities, manage ambiguity, and react to changes quickly and graciously.
- Tactical executor with a problem-solving approach and strong work ethic.
- A passion for comics, graphic novels and entertainment.
- Experience editing graphic novels and comics.
- Strong relationships with comic book creators and across the industry.
- Manage the creation of all materials (one-sheets, formats, treatments, decks, etc.) including collaborating with design, trafficking approvals, tracking, and filing.
- Partner with sales, marketing and PR to create strategic sales information packets on titles in development, gathering accolades, sales rankings, critical review quotes, and other salient information.
- Support creator talent management and work with the Director of Creative Affairs to maintain regular communication, celebrate key milestones, and manage special projects with creators ensuring that everyone is up to date on the status of projects related to their books and all tracking information is inputted appropriately.
- Work with the editorial team and Director of Creative Affairs to identify and recruit creators to pitch new comics for publishing consideration and ensure publishing titles are set up for success in Entertainment.
- Project manage and edit graphic novels and comic books as needed.
- Support the planning and organization of IDW Entertainment’s presence at various conventions and attended events to manage creator relationships as needed.
- Coordinate across departments to support turning all titles in the library into some form of media.
- Support entertainment development on projects in which creator involvement requires deeper collaboration.
- Contribute to writer, director, and key talent lists for projects in consideration as needed.
- Generate the copy for synopses, pitch decks, treatments for projects based on IDW comics, graphic novels, and other IP.
- Role is based in Los Angeles, CA.
- Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Manager, Creative Affairs” in the subject line