IDW Publishing seeks a bright, multitasking, and self-motivated individual to provide administrative support to the Publisher.
The ideal candidate has a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with senior executives inside and outside the company. The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a fast turnaround, and take effective action without having to know the total picture.
- Candidates must be self-starters with impeccable attention to detail.
- Candidates are required to prioritize, meet deadlines, be proactive, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong presentation, communication, organization, and writing skills are essential.
- The ideal candidate is also savvy with social media and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Candidates should possess a literary sensibility, a passion for reading, and be creative.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supporting senior-level staff.
- Managing the Publisher calendars and scheduling conflicts, coordinating department meetings, providing general administrative support for the imprint.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with a range of personalities and styles across all levels within an organization.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and adept at prioritizing tasks.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment with evolving priorities, manage ambiguity, and react to changes quickly and graciously.
- Basic knowledge of key players in the industry and understanding of the fundamentals of the publishing process.
- High level of integrity and an ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Additional assignments, projects, and responsibilities may include: coordinating the editorial and production process and tackling special projects.
- Experience in book publishing is preferred but not required.
- Experience supporting business-focused executives in the Publishing industry.
- Conversant in basic accounting and financial principles.
- Experience working with teams in different geographies/time zones a plus.
- Provide high-level administrative support to the Publisher including managing calendars, answering the phone, maintaining phone logs, and responding to internal and external inquiries.
- Assist the Publisher and teams with developing reports, compiling data, and preparing decks for special projects across publishing and entertainment.
- Coordinate and interface with other departments including creative affairs, marketing, editorial, sales, legal, PR, design, production, and post-production teams.
- Organize travel, events, logistics, and expense reports as needed.
- The role is based in Los Angeles, CA, and supports the Publisher.
- To apply please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Administrator / Coordinator” in the subject line.