IDW seeks a seasoned coordinator to provide administrative support to the CEO and VP, Creative Affairs. Working across IDW Publishing and IDW Entertainment divisions, the role will support the collaborative work across editorial, marketing, sales, finance, legal, development, business affairs and other departments. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a fast turnaround, and take effective action without having to know the total picture.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience supporting a senior leader in an Executive Administrator / Coordinator role.
- Organizational agility with executive, financial, and business acumen.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with a range of personalities and styles across all levels within an organization.
- Self-motivated and able to work well in a team as well as independently in a WFH environment.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and adept at prioritizing tasks.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment with evolving priorities, manage ambiguity, and react to changes quickly and graciously.
- Tactical executor with a problem-solving approach and a strong work ethic.
- Experience working in publishing or entertainment.
- Conversant in basic business principles.
- A passion for comics, graphic novels and entertainment.
- Experience working with teams in different geographies/time zones a plus.
- Provide high-level administrative support to the CEO and VP, Creative Affairs including managing calendars, answering the phone, maintaining phone logs, and responding to internal and external inquiries.
- Assist CEO and VP, Creative Affairs with developing reports, compiling data and preparing decks for special projects across publishing and entertainment.
- Manage the workflow, tracking and generation of documents related to creative affairs and development.
- Support mission of converting all library titles with media rights into their optimal ancillary format (tv, film, podcasts, digital media, etc.)
- Manage select office functions including lease/building management, office maintenance, office supplies, and coordination of team events and conventions.
- Collaborate with finance team to coordinate day-to-day financial operations including invoice processing, Cast & Crew payroll coordination, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Coordinate and interface with other departments including creative affairs, marketing, editorial, sales, legal, PR, design, production, and post-production teams.
- Organize travel, events, logistics, and expense reports as needed.
- Provide cross support and backup for other Executive Assistants/Coordinators as needed.
- Role is based in Los Angeles, CA and supports CEO based in Newark, NJ and VP, Creative Affairs based on Los Angeles.
- Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Coordinator, Publishing and Entertainment” in the subject line