IDW Media Holdings, Inc., a Delaware corporation, is a holding company consisting of the following primary businesses:
- IDW Publishing, or IDWP, creates comic books, graphic novels, digital content and games through its imprints IDW Publishing, and Top Shelf; and
- IDW Entertainment, or IDWE, leverages properties, principally those of IDWP, into television series developing, producing and distributing original content worldwide.
IDWP is an award-winning publisher of comic books, original graphic novels, and art books. Founded in 1999, IDWP has a long tradition of supporting original, creator-driven titles. In 2002, IDWP published 30 Days of Night by Steve Niles and Ben Templesmith followed by other horror titles that kickstarted a resurgence in horror-comic publishing across the industry. Since then, IDWP has significantly diversified its publications. Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodríguez’s Locke & Key, Jonathan Maberry’s V Wars, Stan Sakai’s Usagi Yojimbo, Walter Simonson’s Ragnarök, Beau Smith’s Wynonna Earp, Chris Ryall and Ashley Wood’s Zombies vs Robots, Joe Hill and Martin Simmonds’ Dying is Easy are among the hundreds of award-winning titles published since IDWP’s inception.
IDWE is a production company and studio that develops and produces content and formats for global platforms and services. IDWE generates content primarily from IDWP’s diverse library of comic books and graphic novels. IDWE has most recently developed and/or produced four series for television that premiered in 2019 and 2020:
- Wynonna Earp season four has been airing on SyFy in two parts due to worldwide COVID-19-related production shutdowns. The first six episodes of season four premiered on July 26, 2020 and production resumed on the other six episodes on July 16, 2020. The second half of season began airing in March this year and the show will end with the season four finale on April 9, 2021.
- V Wars debuted on Netflix on December 5, 2019. The 10-episode vampire thriller stars Ian Somerhalder and was produced by High Park Entertainment. The series is based upon Jonathan Maberry’s IDWP’s comic book series of the same name.
- October Faction premiered on Netflix January 23, 2020. The 10-episode show is based on the IDWP comic books of Steve Niles and Damien Worm and was adapted by showrunner Damian Kindler and starred Tamara Taylor and J.C. MacKenzie. It was also produced by High Park Entertainment.
- Locke & Key premiered on Netflix on February 7, 2020. The show is based on the critically acclaimed graphic novels of Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez that are published by IDWP. Seasons two and three have been ordered by Netflix and production began in September 2020.
IDW is seeking a highly motivated full-time associate attorney with a minimum of 3 years of experience practicing as an entertainment or transactional attorney with a focus on intellectual property. This is a high volume and fast paced position that requires the ability to work both collaboratively and independently. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter with a strong interest in taking ownership of projects and an ability to work directly with clients.
This position reports to the Vice President of Business Affairs and will partner closely with multiple internal and external stakeholders. The successful candidate must have comfort with ambiguity, and be able to make quick, well-informed decisions.
- Draft rights acquisitions, publishing agreements, talent agreements for film and television and provide legal analysis related to chain-of-title, intellectual property rights and other rights matters.
- Substantial experience structuring, drafting, negotiating, and managing licensing agreements and a range of IP-based transactions.
- Organization of project files and related information, including uploading to, managing and searching in document database.
- Support the Vice President of Business Affairs with document distribution, internal document routing and digital filing.
- JD degree from an accredited law school.
- Member of the California State Bar or Registered with the California Bar as in-house counsel.
- Minimum of three years of experience in the entertainment industry.
- Meticulous attention to detail and clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interpret, analyze and execute multiple, high-priority projects independently and on a short time frame.
- Capacity to work proactively, independently, and reliably under tight time constraints in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities, pivot quickly, think practically and be solution-oriented.
- To apply, please visit our career center at: http://idw.pub/CareerCenter