New IDW Digital Comics Experience is Now in Beta For iOS and Android!
Dear Valued IDW Customers,
Today, we are debuting the IDW Digital Comics Experience, a new mobile app that consolidates all of our prior reader apps into a single platform, making it easy to purchase, read, and manage all of your favorite IDW digital comics.
As we mentioned in our recent outreach, our previous app provider, Madefire, unexpectedly closed their business. With the aid of our new partners at InkyPen, we developed the IDW Digital Comic Experience at a rapid pace so that we could minimize any downtime that our users might experience.
While we are excited to bring you this new reading experience, please note this app is debuting as a beta version. We ask for your patience as we continue to update and enhance its functionality. We welcome you to utilize the feedback option located in the app to let us know how we can make improvements.
As a special “THANK YOU” for customers who transfer their account to our new system, IDW is providing a free bundle of comics and graphic novels from your favorite brands, valued at $25.00, including:
- Locke & Key Volume 1: Welcome to Lovecraft
- My Little Pony / Transformers II: The Magic of Cybertron #1
- Star Trek: The Next Generation – Mirror Broken #1
- Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures #1
- Sonic The Hedgehog (2018-) #1
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin #1
Note: If you’re experiencing any issues with transferring your purchases, please contact IDW customer support and we’ll take care of the issue.
We hope you enjoy the IDW Digital Comics Experience!
We’re constantly trying to improve the IDW Digital Comics Experience; we’d love to get your thoughts. Please click the button to fill out our brief survey.
New Mobile App Instructions
New Mobile App Instructions(Click to Expand.)
Welcome to the NEW IDW Digital Comics Experience! We are so excited to show you all this app has to offer but first we need to get you set up successfully so you actually CAN enjoy the app! Please follow the following steps to set up and sync your purchases from the legacy IDW apps:
- First, please ensure all your IDW apps on your device are updated and that you have the new IDW Digital Comics Experience App installed
- Upon opening the IDW Digital Comics Experience app, you’ll need to tap “Create Account”. (*NOTE* You must create a new account within this new app. You cannot sign in with the legacy app’s credentials, they do not exist in the app.)
- After inputting your birth date, you will see the screen to login. Please remember, you must use the same email address from your legacy IDW app for your new account in the new IDW Digital Comics Experience app. After entering your email address and creating your password, tap “Continue”
- To complete your account creation you will need to verify your new account. Please go into your inbox and find the email with the subject “IDW – Please confirm your email” open that and open the hyperlink that reads “Click here to confirm your email address” Tapping that will redirect you back to the app and you will be greeted with the new message saying “Your email has been verified!” Please tap “CONTINUE”.
- Once the email is verified and you tap “CONTINUE” you will load into the app on the “STORE” Page.
In the bottom navigation bar, tap the “Account” Tab.
When that Account page loads scroll down and you’ll see a section labeled “Restore Purchases” tap the blue “RESTORE” to the right.
- Once it is complete you will see a pop reading “Purchases restored”. Tap “Close” navigate to “My Books” using the bottom navigation bar and your books should now be there from the Legacy IDW apps.
Now, go forth, and enjoy the new IDW Digital Comics Experience!!
(*NOTE* If you used either the Transformers. TMNT, My Little Pony, or Stark Trek apps you aren’t quite done please continue reading below))
IDW App Sync Instructions for Stand Alone IP Apps (iOS)(Click to Expand.)
For those who used the legacy stand alone IDW Apps for Transformers. TMNT, My Little Pony, or Stark Trek please ensure those apps are updated.
- Once updated open the app of your choice. Please read through the text and tap “LET’S GO!” (*NOTE* The screenshots show TMNT but the process and screens besides the title of the app will be the same across all stand alone apps)
- Please read through the next screen you then have two options to choose here: A. Tap “GET THE NEW APP” if you have not downloaded the new IDW Digital Comics Experience app and created an account on there yet. B. Tap “SKIP THIS STEP” if you have already done option A above. Please choose the option that applies to you.
- After completing that step you must now sign in with your new IDW Digital Comics Experience.
- Once signed in you’ll be ready to restore your purchases from that stand alone app. Tap “RESTORE PURCHASES”. You will see a progress bar indicating the status.
- Once it is complete your purchases from this stand alone app will now be available in the NEW IDW Digital Comics Experience app!! Please note if you used more than one stand alone app you will have to repeat this process for each app.
IDW App Sync Instructions for Stand Alone IP Apps (Android)(Click to Expand.)
Android Users WILL NOT see a Restore Purchases option in their app. This process is done automatically so it is not built into the Android App. If you are having any problems with your books, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
Will my previous purchases be honored if I was unable to sync them with the Madefire App?
We’re sorry you had trouble restoring your purchases with the Madefire App. Please email us at apps@idwpublishing and we’ll work with you to ensure your previous purchases have been restored.
Do I Need to Restore Purchases on My Android?
No, your purchases should automatically updated on your Android. If you find any of you’re books are missing, please contact email@example.com.
How can I receive the ‘THANK YOU’ bundle?
You will receive your thank you bundle once you have successfully transitioned your books over to the new IDW Digital Comics Experience app. If you have any issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who can I contact if I have any support questions?
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com for more information!
Will this affect my Comixology account?
No, the IDW Digital Comics Experience is not a part of Comixology. Your Comixology account will not be affected.
Will My Motion Books Be Available on the New Mobile App?
Motion Books will not be a part of the new app.
How do I create a Madefire account?
Instructions for syncing your books can be found on idwpublishing.com/app#accounts
What’s the process for syncing your books?
Instructions for syncing your books can be found on idwpublishing.com/app#instructions
How do I get my Madefire books ready to move over to the new IDW Mobile app?
To make sure your account is ready to move over to the new app, please ensure your purchases are synced to your account. If you don’t have an account, please create a new account. Instructions can be found on this page.
Madefire App Account Sync Instructions
- Please ensure you have created a Madefire account already. If you haven’t, please see the instructions on creating a Madefire account.
- First, please make sure you are signed into iTunes or Google Play using the same account you used when you made the purchases in the app originally.
- Next, open the app that you have books/comics in.
- If you never made an account but have made purchases please follow the instructions to make an account
- FOR iOS Users: Tap the top right icon to display the menu. Then, tap where it says “Restore Purchases” just below the “Sign In or Sign Up?” prompt.
Two things will happen here depending on how your device is set up :
A) It will ask you to retype your iTunes password. Type it in and submit.
B) It will load for a few seconds then return to the menu
- Once that process is complete you can head to “My Books” and tap the “In The Cloud” label at the top. You will now see any and all books you purchased with that iTunes account.
- For Android Users, all you have to do is ensure you are logged into the Google Play Store account that you purchased your books with.
- Then, head into the app, after creating your account(if you never had previously), sign out, completely close down the App, reopen, and log back in.
- The final step for Android users is to wait 24 hours. During this time the app will automatically sync your purchases to your account in the app.
Now, you are ready to head to the new IDW App and sync your purchases up to view them all within there.
How to Create a Madefire Account
- Open the app that you have comics or books purchased in.
- Once the app loads find the menu icon in the top right corner, tap it to display the menu.
- Tap where it says “Sign in or Sign Up?”
- Only using the “Sign In” screen, type the email address you want to use for your account
- Then create a password for your account. Click “Login” at the bottom.
- After completing this you will receive an automated confirmation email with a link to verify your account. Click the link.
- Once you click the link. Your account is now verified and active.
- The final step is to head back into the app, sign out of the app, fully close down the app, reopen it and sign back in. Congratulations your account has been made!
Images of the new mobile! Featuring an updated, cleaner layout for easier purchasing, my books section where you can read all of your purchased books, and much more!