IDW Publishing offers internships to students throughout the year in several of our departments. We accept applications throughout the year but these are our key dates:
|FALL||August 1st||September – December*|
|SPRING||December 1st||January – May*|
|SUMMER||April 1st||Mid-June – Mid-August**|
|Dates are subject to change. Apply early!|
|* Start and end dates are flexible and we’re happy to accommodate your schedule.|
|** Due to the shorter term there is limited flexibility with the Summer Program dates, the term can start no later than mid-June and interns must be able to stay through to mid-August.|
All applicants must understand and comply with the following:
- All internships at IDW are unpaid.
- The candidate must be currently enrolled at an accredited institution and be able to show that they will receive academic credit for the internship. A letter from your advisor stating that you will get credit for the program is sufficient.
- All internships take place at the IDW offices in San Diego, CA; and at the San Diego Convention Center in downtown San Diego (SUMMER only); telecommuters will not be considered.
- No travel or housing expenses will be covered by IDW.
- All applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
- Applicants under the age of 18 must have their parent or guardian’s consent to participate in the program.
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in the United States. IDW is unable to sponsor international students.
If you have questions about the internship program feel free to contact us at email@example.com. NO CALLS PLEASE.
Departments Currently Accepting Internships
As an Editorial Intern you’ll be right in middle of the editorial bullpen, learning first hand what it takes to get a comic book from idea to print while working on some of the biggest entertainment brands in the world!
Editorial interns are expected to be available a minimum of 8 hours per week for FALL and SPRING programs; SUMMER interns are expected to be available in the offices for a minimum of 16 hours a week and to have significant availability during San Diego Comic-Con.
As an intern with the Digital team you will have have the opportunity to participate in a broad range of projects: from online marketing and sales to digital publishing. There is really no limit to what this diverse team does! You’ll also work closely with the Marketing and Editorial departments to help bring their projects to new mediums and audiences.
Digital Interns are expected to be available a minimum of 8 hours per week; SUMMER interns are expected to also have significant availability during San Diego Comic-Con.
If you wish to apply for an internship, please send a an email with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- First and Last name
- Reason you want to intern at IDW
- Department you are applying to
Digital Production Assistant
We have a temporary position open for a Digital Production Assistant. This is an entry-level position that offers tremendous opportunities to learn new skills while working on high profile properties.
- PDF production
- Assist with the management and ongoing maintenance of company archives
- Art scanning and art corrections
- QA of digital files
- Other duties as needed
- Experience with Photoshop
- Attention to detail
- Able to work under tight deadlines
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite software
- Experience with Quark
- Experience with Windows and Apple computers
- Full-time or Part-time, in-house (outsourcing and telecommuters will not be considered)
- Up to 90 days of work
- Reports to the Digital Production Coordinator
- Opportunities to travel for trade shows
Email email@example.com for any questions about this position, if applying please include your CV/resume along with a link to a portfolio website (if available.)