IDW Publishing an award-winning comic book publisher based at Liberty Station in San Diego. We work with some of the biggest entertainment brands in the world in one of the most beautiful cities around!
Marketing & Sales Assistant
The Marketing department is looking for a Marketing & Sales Assistant to join their marketing team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is very organized, possesses the ability to multi-task and prioritize, and thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Sales/Marketing and is responsible for collaborating with the Marketing Manager and other Marketing teams on initiatives in support of marketing and sales of all publishing products, coordination of details related to IDW’s participation at trade shows, and developing website marketing materials.
- Work with the Marketing Manager on all marketing initiatives to support books, comics and direct-to-consumer sales
- Trade show coordination for consumer and industry trade shows
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager to develop schedules for talent, and staff in all areas of planning
- Responsible for booking and planning travel and accommodations
- Create budgets and track costs for Book and Comic Trade Shows
- Work trade shows as necessary
- Assist with various sales administrative tasks including pulling and analyzing sales data
- Develop and maintain property/franchise resource binders
- Assist in development of various presentations for sales and marketing initiatives
- Source incentives, exclusives, and product merchandise to drive new points of revenue at Trade Shows
- Develop and launch paid advertising campaigns for Facebook, Amazon, Twitter
- Run the Amazon Store front
- Collaborate with licensors on all cross promotional opportunities
- Input new Products into website and maintain correct information and dates
- Work with partners on cross promotion opportunities
- Associates or higher degree preferred
- Intermediate Word, Powerpoint and Excel skills
- Experience working in the Mac environment
- Experience working with Google calendar (or similar)
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects successfully in a fast paced environment
This position is in San Diego, no telecommuting available. Send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
Our fast-paced Editorial Department has an immediate entry-level opening for an Editorial Assistant.
This position supports the Editorial department in all aspects of book production, including proofreading, editing, working with digital images, along with general office duties such as copying and distribution of materials. A high level of accuracy, attention to detail and good time management skills are imperative to this position.
- Report to supervising editor on all aspects of book production.
- Support supervising editor on special and specific projects.
- Work with supervising editors to ensure that character and content developments are planned and shared with the entire staff.
- Coordinate the identification, development and oversight of new talent with the supervising editor.
- Convention attendance as required by Publisher or Editor In Chief.
- Maintain workflow with licensors by ensuring that they are given the most up to date work on all projects. This does not include speaking with the licensors directly.
- Proofread and number dialogue of manuscripts as requested.
- Complete balloon guides as artwork comes in, the day it comes in.
- Other duties as needed
- BA in Journalism, English, Writing or related field preferred
- Demonstrated level of literacy and competency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Strong Mac skills, including Word, Excel, Keynote/PowerPoint, and Photoshop Elements
This position is in the Point Loma (Liberty Station) area, no telecommuting available. On-the-job training provided, excellent benefits (health, dental, vision, 401k) and a professional, friendly workplace. Submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Editorial Assistant Position” in the subject line.
IDW Publishing offers internships to students throughout the year in several of our departments. We accept applications throughout the year but these are our key dates:
|FALL||August 1st||September – December|
|SPRING||December 1st||January – May|
|SUMMER||April 15th||Mid-June – Mid-August*|
Dates are subject to change. Apply early!
Start and end dates for the Spring and Fall terms are flexible and we’re happy to accommodate your schedule.
* Due to the shorter term there is limited flexibility with the Summer Program dates, the term can start no later than mid-June and interns must be able to stay through to mid-August.
All applicants must understand and comply with the following:
- All internships at IDW are unpaid.
- The candidate must be currently enrolled at an accredited institution and be able to show that they will receive academic credit or recognition for the internship. A letter from your advisor stating that you will get credit for the program is sufficient.
- All internships take place at the new IDW offices at Liberty Station in San Diego, CA; and at the San Diego Convention Center in downtown San Diego (SUMMER only); telecommuters will not be considered.
- No travel or housing expenses will be covered by IDW.
- All applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
- Applicants under the age of 18 must have their parent or guardian’s consent to participate in the program.
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in the United States. IDW is unable to sponsor international students.
If you have questions about the internship program feel free to contact us at email@example.com. NO CALLS PLEASE.
Departments Currently Accepting Internships
As an Editorial intern you’ll be right in middle of the editorial bullpen, learning first hand what it takes to get a comic book from idea to print while working on some of the biggest entertainment brands in the world!
Editorial interns are expected to be available a minimum of 16 hours per week for FALL and SPRING programs; SUMMER interns are expected to be available in the offices for a minimum of 16 hours a week and to have significant availability during San Diego Comic-Con.
As an intern with the Marketing team, you’ll learn about and assist with — uploading previews for media; compiling and categorizing press hits; routing (and possibly responding to) media inquires; advance copy mailings; scheduling and posting to social media; developing content for the website; updating weekly retailer covers; adding new contacts to our media list; and distributing image assets and/or solicit copy to media outlets.
Marketing interns are expected to be available a minimum of 16 hours per week; SUMMER interns are expected to also have significant availability during San Diego Comic-Con.
If you wish to apply for an internship, please send a an email with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- First and Last name
- Reason you want to intern at IDW
- Department you are applying to